Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Musings: February 2011

Bernie: February 19, 2011

I was thinking about what my perception of life would be without something that I came across completely by accident? A great part of our lives are made up of and influenced by where we live, family, ethinic and our socio-economic situation. Then as we begin to have an effect on those components we change things consciously. We move, meet other people outside our family group and navigate the social and economic arenas. We fall in love, start our own families and so forth. But what about the accidents. Meeting a stranger that changes your life. Yes, events that usher in a life change. But what about the small accidents? Like hearing a song that resonates with you? That then becomes part of you. I was thinking about this listening to that song a few days ago and thought, "What kind of different person would I be if I never had heard that song?" One song. But what about all those other "single" accidental events that occur every day in our lives? What would it matter if that "single" small accident did not occur? What if this string of "single" small accidents did not occur? And what am I missing when I fail to be open to, or take the time, or miss recognizing the unending progression of these "single" very, very small accidents as one of the most beautiful wonders of life?

Lyrics to: I Haven't Seen This Day Before : by The Innocence Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting in a useful and appropriate way.